Stages SC3 Indoor Bike
Found in thousands of studios and clubs around the world, the Stages SC3 is the global leader in premium indoor cycling.
Innovative bike features, such as the aluminum frame, CarbonGlyde, magnetic braking system, FitLoc, and SprintShift make it the simplest bike to maintain. Included on the SC3 is the Stages Power meter; the most accurate, reliable, and consistent direct power meter on the market, and the EcoSCRN display console with self-generating power source.
Stages Cycling is the only company who has a power meter that is used and endorsed by the most prestigious indoor cycling studios as well as the world’s most elite outdoor cyclists and teams.
COMPLETE WITH STAGES POWER
Stages takes the guesswork out of training, both on the road and in the studio. Many elite outdoor cycling teams and individuals choose Stages Power because when using the most accurate measure of performance, they can develop and adhere much more precisely to their fitness goals. Now your studio riders can benefit from the same precise data professionals use, and map their fitness strategies to more quickly reach their own goals.
THE BENCHMARK IN ACCURATE DIRECT POWER MEASUREMENT
All Stages Cycling power meters are designed and assembled in Boulder, Colorado. This hands-on attention to quality and precision ensures every meter achieves the same level of accuracy as we claim.
- Data capture via Bluetooth 4.0 or ANT+™ enabled sport devices (iOS and Android compatible)
- 2000+ hours battery life via two standard AA batteries
- LED battery life indicator
SIC2 CONSOLE, POWERED BY THE RIDER
- The display runs on power generated by the rider and no console batteries are needed
- Generator located at the flywheel hub
- Wired connection is hidden in the handlebar stem, with easy access for maintenance
- Always-on backlight allows rider to see data in all types of room lighting and eliminates button-pushing during the ride
- Useful for comparing efforts, the rider sees stage, current, and average data, which is very powerful info for training efficiently and effectively
- The STAGE button allows for up to 99 sections of time (laps). Data does not start to record or average during WARMUP stage (so total ride data is not skewed with poor warmup data)
METRICS FOR ANY TYPE OF RIDER
- Transfers data for tracking, linking with Bluetooth and ANT+ compatible iOS and Android app
- Rider sees Max, Average and Ride totals for the following metrics:
- Kilojoules (work), Kcal (calories), Watts, RPM, Speed, Heart Rate (if wearing a strap), Time, Distance, and power zones defined by rider FTP
Enables instantaneous macro-level resistance changes without incessantly turning a dial.
Unique three-stage lever and custom workload settings allow indoor cyclists instant control.
Perfect for HIIT and interval based workouts, the cyclist can add or drop resistance quickly and easily, without sacrificing custom micro-adjustments.
Precision fit range and quick adjustment functions set indoor riders up for their next best performance.
The industry’s fastest adjustment system for handlebar and seat height adjustment – 5 times faster than standard twist- to-lock systems. The proprietary FitLoc adjustment system creates a quick, comfortable and secure ride.
By combining road bike geometry with our RoadBar™ handlebar, StagesFit puts you in a safe, comfortable position for whatever the day’s ride requires. Simple to use, the fore/aft adjustments are on the saddle and handlebars.
Magnetic Resistance & Carbon Glyde
- Backed by Stages’ unparalleled 10-year warranty
- Combined with a 5:1 gear ratio and perimeter-weighted flywheel, the SC drive system supplies a sublime feeling of inertia for that real outdoor experience
- No lubrication, maintenance, or replacement costs of a chain or poly-v drive
Control Modes on Stages SB20
World Class Stages Power
7 Grand Tours, 25 World Championships, 50 National Championships from the power meter that changed the cycling industry.
Always train with an accurate and reliable power meter. A Stages Gen 3 dual-sided power meter delivers +/- 1.5% precision power measurement. Train at home with the same meter the pros swear by. Multiple Tour de France victories can’t be wrong.
The Stages promise
As the world’s largest commercial indoor bike company, we’ve poured over 25 years’ worth of indoor studio bike design and manufacturing expertise into the SB20.
We’re so confident that you’ll love it that we offer a 30-day money back guarantee.
NEED SOME HELP?
|Weight||96 lbs (46kgs)|
|Dimensions (L×W×H mm)||24.5" W x 43.5" L (62.23cm W x 110.5cm L)|
|Drive System||CarbonGlyde featuring Gates® CarbonDrive™ carbon fiber belt|
|Frame Material||6061T-6 aluminum alloy, advanced hydro & air formed tubing, TIG weld|
|Flywheel Weight||High-inertia, cast iron perimeter weighted|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth & ANT+|
|Power||Stages Power meter, Stages EcoSCRN display with self-generating power source|
|Power Accuracy||+/- 1.5%|
|User Height Range||4’10” (147cm) to 6’10” (208cm)|
|Maximum User Weight||350 lbs (158 kg)|
|Number of Bottle Cages||2|
|Return Policy||Stages Cycling is happy to accept returns within 14 days of the original date of receipt. Items must be in new condition, purchased directly from Stages Cycling*, and in the original packaging.
Bike Returns: Because of the size and weight of the bike, all return service is subject to a $250 restocking fee unless otherwise specified by Stages. No returns/refunds of product, once opened, shall be offered except in the case of manufacturer’s defect.
If you have any questions regarding a return or need help ordering the correct product please contact us at [email protected]
*For items purchased from an Authorized Stages Dealer please contact the dealer regarding their return policy.
|Frame Warranty||15 years|
|Drivetrain Warranty||10 years on Carbon Belt|
|Power Meter Warranty||1 year|
|Bike Component Warranty||3 years|
What fitness metrics can I track when riding on the Stages Indoor Cycling bikes?
The Stages console displays the following metrics:
- Power (W): Power is the measurement of how much work you are doing. It is measured through the Stages Power meter mounted on the left crank arm, which measures the force on the crank and the speed that you are pedaling.
- Cadence (rpm): Cadence is the speed that you are pedaling in rotations per minute.
- Heart rate (bpm): When console is paired with a compatible ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart wireless heart rate monitor, the console will display your heart rate in beats per minute.
- Speed (kmh or mph): The console uses power to estimate your speed based on your current power output, using an equation to calculate how fast you would be traveling outdoors when riding a road bike on flat ground.
- Distance (km or mi): Distance is measured and accumulated using the speed calculation above and the time you've been riding.
- Calories (kcal): Calories burned are calculated from the power measurement on the bike.
Current (real time) values and averages for each stage are visible on the console. To view full ride data during your workout, press the AVG/END button on the console.
How does the Stages Indoor Cycling bike measure power?
The Stages SC series bikes equipped with a Stages Power meter read the rider's actual power through a sensor attached to the crank arm. Unlike other bikes that include estimated or calculated values, we rely on a direct sensor to measure the rider's pedaling force (for accuracy within +/- 1.5%).
From this sensor, we broadcast power and cadence to be collected by the Stages SIC1 console or your own personal device (via Bluetooth or ANT+ wireless technology) so you can accurately record your workout and track your progress.
Why does the Stages bike use a fixed gear drive train?
We use a fixed gear on our studio bikes because it allows the rider to pedal more smoothly in all situations. The fixed gear helps to improve the overall user experience in several ways:
- When riding while standing, momentum from the fixed gear helps the rider at the very top and bottom of the pedal stroke. On a bike with a freewheel, this can create points of disengagement, which can result in an uneven feel.
- When riding at high RPM, the fixed gear keeps the pedals in time with the flywheel and allows the user to pedal continuously without losing rhythm. With a freewheel, the pedals can easily fall behind the flywheel when it is spinning at a high speed. When this happens, pedaling becomes uneven and awkward until the flywheel slows down.
- In times of high resistance and lower RPM, the momentum generated by the flywheel helps to pull the cranks through the pedal stroke (again, primarily at the top and bottom) where positive torque is not being applied by the rider.
Do I have to use the console to record my rides on Stages Indoor Cycling bikes?
No, the Stages Indoor Cycling bikes offer a range of options for saving and recording your training rides without using a USB drive. Ride data can be recorded by using a compatible device paired with either the console or to the individual sensors (power meter and optional HR) through apps or third party fitness devices.
What type of indoor cycling studio is the SC3 the ideal bike for?
The SC3 has quickly become the bike of choice for some of the world's most respected fitness operators from luxury health club chains to boutique studios. The SC3 is the only indoor bike that can handle performance training, intensity based classes, rhythm, virtual classes and instructor freestyle sessions.
What size riders can use the Stages SC3?
The StagesFit system on the Stages SC3 bike can accommodate a large range of heights, from approximately 4'10" to 6'10". Using our FitLoc system, the bikes are quickly and easily adjusted to accommodate a range of riders. The maximum user weight is 350lbs.
How loud is the Stages SC3 bike?
All three models of the Stages Cycling SC Series bikes feature Gates® Carbon Drive™ carbon fiber belts. These belts are significantly quieter than traditional chain driven bikes, especially when in a classroom setting, where they are similar to a low conversational volume while being ridden at all speeds. Under normal use, a single bike puts out around 50-55 dB, which is can be compared to the noise level of rainfall or quiet conversation, but is slightly quieter than normal conversation volume.
Do the power meter or console require batteries?
The Stages® SIC2 EcoSCRN™ console featured on our Stages Cycling SC3.20 bike model does not require batteries and is powered via a self-generating dynamometer located in the hub of the flywheel. The Stages Power meter for indoor bikes requires 2 standard "AA" batteries with a projected battery life of over 2000 riding hours.